So do we
Our patented library of fruit skin barriers allows us to create pearls or berries of virtually any foodstuff imaginable.
Our products mimic the structure and function of botanical fruit with a protective coating surrounding a more delicate, nutritive, and delicious core.
We believe food should have the nutritional balance consumers want in a natural and practical way — that tastes great!
- • Hummus and vegetables together in one bite
- • New snackable hummus product form
- • Nutrition of hummus + plant fibers + vegetable phytonutrients
- • Ready-to-eat, no prep required
- • Prototypes: roasted red pepper & carrot ginger
- • Turning ‘fruit on the bottom’ to ‘fruit on the outside’
- • Hand-held yogurt with a fruit-based wrapper
- • Nutrition of yogurt + prebiotic plant fibers + fruit phytonutrients
- • Portable, poppable & fun
Nut Butter Bites
- • PB&J updated to a protein snack
- • Creamy nut butters with mess-free fruit coating
- • Balanced macronutrients: Plant-based protein, soluble + insoluble fibers, healthy fats & natural fruit sugars
- • Delicious & convenient nutrition
- • “Better for you” mochi
- • Fewer and cleaner ingredients, lower calories and sugar
- • Coating is made of plant fibers and phytonutrients
- • Customizable flavors and nutrition delivery
- • Prototypes: peach avocado, dark chocolate sea salt, ginger turmeric
- • Reconstructed fruit
- • High flavor, low sugar, real fruit texture
- • Nutrient dense snack with the health benefits of: fruit (with fiber, water, potassium, vitamin C) and yogurt (with protein, vitamin D, prebiotics + probiotics)
Our technology platform can be used to directly address key sustainable development targets, by creating nutrient dense food forms which last longer, utilize diverse ingredient inputs, and reduce packaging waste.
Nutritious Food Sources
Foodberries made of gari, a staple form of cassava in West Africa, and fortified with iron, a critical micronutrient deficient in many diets in the developing world.
IP & PATENT PORTFOLIO
We have a portfolio of patents around edible membranes.
This protected space was initially staked out prior to product commercialization.
We create products integrating this patented technology.
We develop and test products using rapid iteration, e-commerce, and speed launch models.
We have designed and commissioned two first-in-kind manufacturing lines in our state-of-the-art facility in Boston, MA.
We plan to build more.
President and CTO
Head of Operations
Head of Product
Development and Innovation
JACKSON HOOKS DAVIS
Lead Food Scientist
Finance and Administration Manager
Marty led R&D, before becoming the CTO and now Chief Executive of the company. Marty’s experience includes biotechnological plant systems and pharmaceutical manufacturing. Marty has a BS from Johns Hopkins University and a PhD from UMass Amherst, both chemical engineering, and completed a postdoc in drug delivery at the Langer Lab at MIT.
Investor & Board Member
Stefan is the former Chief Technology Officer of Nestle S.A. and an Executive Board member. Prior to Nestle, Stefan was a department head at GlaxoSmithKline, and helped co-found several biotechnology companies and investment funds. Stefan served as Professor and Chairman of Cell Biology at the School of Medicine of Lausanne and Professor of Bioengineering and VP Research at the École Polytechnique Federale.
Founder & Board Member
Founder of Incredible Foods and Professor of Engineering at Harvard, David co-founded AIR (Advanced Inhalation Research), which sold to Alkermes in 1999. He is the founder of Le Laboratoire, a cultural center in Paris and Cambridge, where artists and designers perform experiments at the frontiers of science.